Last Sunday Sixth Sunday of Easter
Preview(opens in a new tab This Sunday Ascension Next SundayPentecost
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for May 31, 2020
- What are our gifts? We all have them? Look within. Look deeply. Be honest.
- When Jesus said, “It is better for you that I go”. Explain how that could be better. In what way was it better? What would happen if He left?
- He would establish a new relationship, a friend, an advocate who would always be at our side every step of the journey, a companion.
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for May 24, 2020
- What are we looking for? Expecting to happen?Why is it better that I go away? What will happen if I go?We live at a time of frightening loss of power, income and values? We also live at a time of profound sacrifice, generosity and more. Is the Advocate at work on our behalf in the world today?
What happens to children who are overly protected and spoiled by their parents? Is it better to follow the principal: it is better for both if the parents let go.
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for May 17, 2020
Next Sunday Ascension
- What was the message Philip proclaimed? Why did people respond to it?
- What are the signs of God’s presence in this age of the corona virus?
- It was the Last Supper and Jesus final words. I give you a new commandment, love one another as I have loved you. How have I put those words into action?
- I love you. Three powerful little words that can change the world. It is not just saying the words, it’s saying and doing them.
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for May 10, 2020
- Do not let your hearts be troubled. Today what troubles us?
- As the early church developed so also did their problems. What problems exist to this day?
- In this corona virus age, what changes, adjustments do we need to make to meet the needs of our times?
- Is there a deeper awareness of our need for one another? Our interdependence?
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for May 3, 2020
- If it is true that God became human, why did He do so?
- How do we recognize His voice, hear His call?
- Who do we believe? Trust?
- The Lord is my shepherd, there is nothing I shall want. What do I really want? What is lasting, important?
- Abundant life. Exactly what did Jesus come to bring us?
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for April 26, 2020
- Our life is a journey. We are not alone. It is a journey into the unknown.
- Look back on our journey. How often have we encountered the Lord?
- Seeing is not believing. Believing is seeing.
- Let’s go to Emmaus. We will discover that the Lord was and is with us every step of the way.
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for April 19, 2020
- Whom are we looking for? What are we looking for?
- What have we learned from the pandemic?
- What are the signs and wonders am I looking for?
- Has God abandoned us? or have we abandoned God?
- Can a locked room keep Jesus out?
- Random thoughts on the Scriptures for April 12, 2020
- How will people know we are His disciples? If we love one another.
- What are some of the ways we can wash our neighbors feet?
- First Responders: People who lay down their lives for others. Jesus was THE First Responder.
- Hope springs eternal in the human breast.
- Lesson from the pandemic: How much we need each other.
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for April 5, 2020
- A week that changed history, Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday. What did it mean then? What does it mean now?
- Has my faith been shaken? Is it stronger? Is it weaker?
- What is there to yell Hosanna about?
- Life and death surround us. Which do we choose?
- What are we learning about our need for each other, our values, what is important and not important.
- What is our vision for tomorrow? This could be our finest hour.
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for March 29, 2020
- I have come to bring you life. What does that mean? How do I bring life to others? How do I bring death?
- Lord make me into an instrument of your peace.
- I believe in the sun, even when it’s not shining. I believe in love even when I don’t feel it. I believe in God, even when He is silent (found on a wall of a Nazi concentration camp in Poland in 1945)
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for March 22, 2020
- God does not see as we see. We look at appearances, God looks into the heart.
- What do we do? Assume that God will give us what we need to get the job done? Or back down because of the obstacles?
- What darkness in the world of today can I dispel?
- How am I spiritually blind? How is our society spiritually blind?
- When we look at anything through eyes that are cynical, jealous or bitter we will not see correctly.
- Random thoughts on the Scriptures for March 15, 2020
- What am I thirsting for? Searching for?
- Who are the strangers in our midst?
- How can a chance meeting turn into a divine encounter?
- What are the gifts of God we have received?
- In what way have our hearts been hardened?
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for March 8, 2020
- How am I a blessing to others?
- When did you encounter God this past week? Was I expecting it?
- What are we trying to re-capture? Why try to turn back the clock?
- Have I ever been radiant? Look at newly weds, parents at the time of birth.
- What can I do to bring about change? Listen more often? Smile every day? Pray more for peace and justice. Pray less for things and possessions.
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for March 1, 2020
- What are our temptations – those things that entice us to anger, resentment, cheating, lying, selfishness, jealousy, prejudice?
- We are created in the image and likeness of God? Do we believe that?
- God dwells in each one of us. How aware am I of that fact?
- We belong to God. My life is not a possession, it’s a gift from God.
- The power of the Gospel: Love your enemies, Pray for those who persecute you.
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for February 23, 2020
- The spirit of God dwells in us. What does that mean to me personally?
- How do I practice love of neighbor in my everyday life?
- How far am I willing to go in loving my neighbor?
- Who are my enemies? And how do I show love for them?
- What is common in many liberal and conservative groups is anger, resentment, giving back in kind, and hatred of those who hold a different view, an us vs them mentality.
- Random thoughts on the Scriptures for February 16, 2020
- Falling in love happens, it is not a choice. Staying in love requires constant choosing.
- What is the wisdom of our world? Where has it taken us?
- What has happened to Integrity? Honesty? Truthfulness? Justice? Respect?
- What is more important: the letter of the law, or the spirit?
- This above all: To thine own self be true. And it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not be false to anyone.
- Is it more important to be right or to do right?
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for February 9, 2020
- Is the Holy Spirit at work in your world? If Yes, when and where do you see it?
- Like the dawn, light penetrates. It over comes the darkness.
- Light is ineffective if it is hidden. Salt is ineffective if it loses its ability to flavor.
- How am I a light? How am I like salt, that slowly, surely flavors the world around me: My home? My job, My parish, My family?
- We are called to season the lives of others. We are called to be a beacon of light for others.
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for February 2, 2020
- Messenger of the Lord. Could that be me?
- What things are we anxiously awaiting, expecting to happen?
- What things do we fail to see that are before our eyes?
- Who are the messengers from God in my life here and now?
- To whom do we turn when things aren’t going well.
- How are we contaminated by the world around us?
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for January 26, 2020
- What kind of song do I sing?
- Do I dwell in the land of gloom or the land of sunshine?
- What do I ask of the Lord?
- In what way is the kingdom at hand? How have I experienced it?
- Come follow me, I need your help. What can I do here and now?
- Who has been a light in my life? How have I been a light for others
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for January 19, 2020
- What is the purpose of my Baptism? Does it change us? Transform us?
- How can I be a light to a people living in darkness? What and where is the darkness around me?
- Am I a messenger of Good News? Bad News?
- What message do I have to pass on to the next generation?
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for January 12, 2020
- We are formed in the image and likeness of God. How do we see that image in myself?, in my family?, in others?, in my workplace?, in my neighbors?
- A people living in darkness have seen a great light. What light have we seen? What light have we been to those living in darkness?
- In a world divided we are sent to unify, to heal, to bring peace.
- Speak Lord, what can I do?
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for January 5, 2020
- When did I first encounter God? Say I believe?
- Who are the wise men and women in my life?
- What am I searching for? Expecting to find?
- What gifts do I bring to my relationships: Family? Friends? Job? Country?
- May goodness and kindness follow me all the days of my life? What follows me?
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for December 22, 2019
- God has a plan for me, what is it?
- Are my first thoughts, what I should do or what I should be?
- God is constantly sending signs. What signs have I noticed?
- What do you want for Christmas for your family?, for your friends?, for your country?, for your self?
- How many things do you want that you cannot buy?
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for December 15, 2019
- Are you the one? Are we still looking? For what and for whom?
- Do you see it, hear it, experience it?
- What are we preparing for? And why?
- Does God come into our lives the way we expect?
- Is there space/time in our lives for Jesus?
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for December 8, 2019
- What are we preparing for? Why are we preparing?
- What changes are needed in my life?
- The kingdom is at hand. What kingdom do I see?
- The human heart is restless and it will not rest until it rests in God. Am I restless? And for what?
- Joie de vivre. The joy of life. Have I found it?
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for December 1, 2019
- How is God made visible in your life? Count the ways.
- When did you first become aware of God?
- What kind of Savior are we expecting? A mighty king, a helpless child?
- The kingdom of God is at hand. Where do I see it, encounter it?
- It is time to wake up, look around and see.
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for November 24, 2019
- What kind of king is this? A king who comes to serve.
- How many images of the invisible God are made visible in my life?
- What kind of king do we want? What kind of king do we need?
- Today you will be with me in paradise.
- Our second chance is now. The kingdom is at hand.
- A new kingdom, not governed by hate, power, greed but by love.
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for November 17, 2019
- What things are lasting and permanent?
- Death of Jesus 30 AD: Roman armies destroy Jerusalem and the temple 70 AD: Luke composes gospel about 80 AD
- The finger of God is everywhere, in every event, good or bad.
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for November 10, 2019
- Is there life after death? Is there life before death?
- Some are fixated on dying. Jesus was focused on living.
- Is the resurrection a prolongation of the present life? or a new mode of existence?
- Is our God a God of the living or a god of the dead?
- The Monarch butterfly an example of life and death.
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for November 3, 2019
- Jesus is calling me by name. Am I listening?
- No matter how much money or power I have it will not be enough.
- What trees do I need to climb to see the Savior?
- This man welcomes sinners and eats with them. How can I do the same?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for October 13, 2019
- When did we learn the magic word, Thank You?
- When did we learn the importance of gratitude?
- Sing a new song. What song do we sing this day? A song of praise? A song of complaint? A song of self pity? A song of gratitude?
- What can I do to heal another’s pains and wounds?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for October 6, 2019
- World is full of violence, injustice, dishonesty, corruption, why doesn’t God do something?
- Why do the wicked, dishonest prosper?
- Does God reward the good and punish the bad?
- How much faith do I have? Can it be measured?
- Harden not your hearts. How hard is mine?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for September 29, 2019
- Complacency in my life? How often does it appear?
- What do I take for granted? God? Relationships? Husband? Wife?
- How blind am I? Deaf?
- The cry of the poor? When and where do I hear it? Reflect on it?
- Do we close our minds to anything that challenges our way of life?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for September 22, 2019
- Where does making money stand in my list of priorities?
- In (God) (Money) we trust?
- Do the right thing because it is the right thing. If we do this we will experience God without knowing it. Whenever we do this to the least we do to God.
- God is hidden inside the poor, the homeless, the refugee.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for September 15, 2019
- The description of the relationship between God and Moses is like that of two friends.
- What is our relationship with God like? Close or distant?
- Today how to we experience being lost?
- The three parables in today’s Mass portray God as one who would do anything to save us.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for August 25, 2019
- What narrow gates have I encountered in my life? How have I responded?
- We are called to spread the Good News. What news do I usually spread?
- Do we look for easy answers and quick fixes?
- The world is our mission, a mission to unify.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for August 18, 2019
- What divides this world of ours the most? Politics? or Religion? What unifies us the most Politics? or Religion?
- Did Jesus come to condemn or did He come to challenge?
- Jesus encountered unreasonable resistance. How did He respond?
- Jesus came to start a fire. What if this were true. “Eye has not seen, ear has not heard, nor has it entered the heart of man, the things God has prepared for those who love Him”.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for August 11, 2019
- What are the treasures to be found in our life?
- Do I have the courage to speak out against injustice?
- What kind of poverty have I experienced?
- We journey into the unknown with only trust in God as a guide.
- Who has served you recently? How? Who have you served recently? How?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for August 4, 2019
Fill in the blanks.
- The Kingdom of God is? __________
- My goal in life is? __________
- My goal in life for next five years is? ________
- The American dream for me is? _________
- The Guatemalan dream is? _________
- Is wealth a sign of God’s favor? ________
- When ________ happens, I will be happy?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for July 28, 2019
- God bless America. Why should He? We have more than anyone else yet we want more.
- What kind of relationship did Abraham have with God? What kind do we have?
- Prayers of petition, prayers of thanksgiving. Which are more frequent, more urgent, more sincere?
- How am I like the people of Sodom and Gomorrah?
- Jesus said, “Ask and you will receive”, He didn’t say what or how.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for July 21, 2019
- We are worried about many things. Which ones are really important?
- Are we so busy that we have no time to listen.
- Hospitality. When was the last time I reached out to help someone else?
- Which side would I take? Mary’s or Martha’s? or a little bit of both?
- There is more to a meal than food.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for July 14, 2019
- Who is my neighbor? Question of the century!
- To whom must I become a neighbor?
- What must I do to be happy? What must I do to gain peace and security?
- How to I find the image of the invisible God?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for July 7, 2019
- Rejoice and be glad about what?
- What message do I proclaim to my little world?
- I send you as lambs in the midst of wolves. What wolves do I encounter?
- If I were convicted of being a Christian, would there be enough evidence for conviction?
- The harvest is great. Where are the laborers? What about me?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for June 23, 2019
- Do this in remembrance of me. Who do we remember and why?
- Jesus is the main course.
- Our presence to others is food for the soul.
- We live in a hungry world. How to we sense that hunger in myself and in others?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for June 2, 2019
- You are witnesses of what has happened. What do we witness to?
- We are beacons of light in a world of darkness.
- We are clothed with power from on high, empowered to spread the Good News. What power do I have?
- How are we witnesses of truth, honesty, integrity?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for May 26, 2019
- How well do we listen to another person’s point of view?
- What burdens do we place on someone else?
- How are controversies in the early church like those of today?
- What things are we afraid of?
- Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for May 19, 2019
- My sheep hear my voice. What do we hear?
- What do we expect? A powerful Messiah who can do all things? What did we get? A helpless infant.
- If you love someone what happens to self interest?
- A world of self interested people looks like the world we have right now.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for April 28, 2019
- Do we see different things? or Do we see things differently?
- I will be your friend if… How long with that relationship last?
- If He is not here, Where is He?
- Thomas heard all these things but saw nothing.
- How has God revealed Himself to me?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for April 21, 2019
- I have seen the Lord. Where? When? How?
- We come to an empty tomb. What does it mean here and now?
- How long will it take to recognize the risen Savior.
- Is death the end or just the beginning?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for April 14, 2019
- Why? The eternal, unanswered question.
- It is easier to ask, For Whom? Try to explain: Why do my parents love me? Why does my husband/wife love me? Why do my friends put up with me?
- Mob mentality. This is not the king I want/
Random thoughts on the Scripture for April 7, 2019
- Why is honesty the best policy?
- Who am I to condemn or reject anyone?
- See I am doing something new. What is the new?
- Who do I condemn? What race? What nationality, What religion? What political party?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for March 31, 2019
Click on Prodigal Son for picture and explanation.
- What have we squandered? Wasted?
- What are the really important things of life?
- When is the time to swallow our pride and renew our relationships?
- Love is a wonderful thing. Life giving. Selfishness is the opposite.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for March 24, 2019
- Are we on holy ground and aware of God’s presence?
- What shoes do we need to take off in order to be more aware of God’s presence?
- Since we cannot give existence to ourselves,we must have been willed, loved into existence.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for March 17, 2019
- Does God reveal Himself to me? How and when does it happen?
- Look at the night sky. How many? How far? Why?
- Look at a child. How amazing. How full of wonder.
- Where and when have we seen the Lord?
- Was it in the spectacular? Or in the plain and ordinary?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for March 10, 2019
- Be with me Lord, I am in trouble.
- Power corrupts. Absolute power tends to corrupt absolutely.
- I don’t know what got into me. I lost control. Who is at fault?
- What temptations do I face? How do I handle them?
- Let me look. How am I pleasing to God? He likes me.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for March 3, 2019
- Our speech reveals who and what we are.
- Forgive us for wanting to change others and not ourselves.
- Who do I want to change? A Husband? A Wife? A child? A Friend? An Employer? What about me?
- To change the world around me, change the world within me.
- Stuck in a traffic jam? I am the traffic jam.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for February 24, 2019
- Love is stronger than anything.
- Jealous? Who Me?
- Envy: Wanting what someone else has.
- Jealousy: fear something you have will be taken away.
- I wish I could be like that: I wish I could have that.
- Stop judging and you will not be judged.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for February 17, 2019
- How blessed am I, let me count the ways.
- How poor am I, let me count the ways.
- Who do we trust and why?
- Our money says “In God we trust”. Do we?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for February 10, 2019
- Whom shall I send? Who will go for us?
- What is there to be afraid of?
- They left everything. What do I have to leave?
- What deep water times do I have to enter?
- If God were starting a company would He hire me? Why and why not?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for February 3, 2019
- What kind of fool am I?
- Why was Jesus rejected?
- How do I handle rejection?
- Can anything good come from Nazareth?
- Who are the rejected ones in our world? The outcasts?
- How can I tear down the walls that divide and build a people who love one another?
- To quote Pogo: “We have met the enemy and they are us.”
Random thoughts on the Scripture for January 27, 2019
- What is my dream for my family? My parish? My country? My life?
- How has Scripture been fulfilled in my time?
- The Lord has anointed me to preach Good News to the poor and oppressed.
- We are called not only to hear the Good News but to be it.
- The Spirit of the Lord is upon __________. Fill in the blanks.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for January 20, 2019
- My time has not yet come. When will it?
- What does the Lord expect us to do?
- What things don’t we have time for? What things do we make time for?
- How is relationship in marriage similar to a relationship with God?
- Is there a love affair between God and us?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for January 13, 2019
- Who are we pleased with? What are we pleased with?
- He went about doing good. What good are we doing?
- From whom did we learn about God?
- How am I a light for those in darkness?
- The Lord comes to heal us as we are here and now.
- Ponder the prayer of St. Francis. Make me an instrument.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for January 6, 2019
- What are the signs that the Messiah has come?
- Where can I find the new born King?
- Why are we still in the dark?
- What are my gifts? How have I used them?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for December 23, 2018
- Do you see what I see? Do you hear what I hear?
- Isn’t all this astonishing, amazing? Or isn’t it so good it must be true?
- Note how the small, the insignificant, the ordinary play such an important role in the mighty works of God.
- How am I, today, expecting light to pierce the darkness? Am I anticipating it?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for December 16, 2018
- Make a list of things we would like to receive. Another list of things we would like to give.
- I’m expecting great things from you. What could they be?
- Trust in God. But what about trust in me?
- Is God in our midst here and now? Where is He to be found?
- Rejoice in the Lord. Say it again, REJOICE. About what?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for December 9, 2018
- Who has made a lasting impression on us in the past? What did they do that impressed us?
- Be prepared. For what?
- God chose a nobody, John, to prepare the way. How does He call me?
- People see God at work through our relationships, our families, our work.
- God uses ordinary people to do extraordinary things.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for December 2, 2018
- What are we waiting for? Christ or Santa? Is He a future event or a present one?
- What are the signs of our times?
- Is the message of the Gospel too good to be true? Or is it so good it must be true?
- What can we do to bring hope to a troubled and confused world?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for November 25, 2018
- What kind of king is this? Certainly not like any king we have seen or heard about.
- Look at the crucifix. What do we see? A man slowly dying, helpless, alone, abandoned. What kind of king is this?
- Who is our king? To whom do we pay homage? Movie stars? Politicians? Celebrities? Those who have money and power?
- Where do we find this new kingdom?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for November 18, 2018
- The world is changing faster than we can imagine. It’s later than we think
- What kind of world do we want to live in?
- What things lead us astray?
- Waiting. We spend almost 3/4 of our time waiting. Is it wasted time or an opportunity to step outside our busy lives and listen to God?
- Today can be anything we want to make it.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for November 11, 2018
- How do we calculate our giving? Is it how little or how much?
- What do we say in out hearts? What do we say with our lips?
- Who are the most generous? The wealthy or the poor?
- God wants our love, not scraps from the table.
- Our money says “In God we trust”, do we?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for November 4, 2018
- Modern idolatry: worship of the almighty dollar.
- You are not far from the kingdom of God. How far?
- I will love you, honor you all the days of my life, but only if you continue to please me.
- What is the minimum I must do to remain your friend? How long will it last?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for October 28, 2018
- What can I do for you? What do I want? Really need?
- What do need to see? Our eyes are wide open but we see very little.
- What opportunities do I have to open the eyes of others?
- What does anger do to our ability to see?
- Close your eyes and listen.
- Look beyond the surface. Open our eyes to wonder.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for October 21, 2018
- The Kingdom of God is at hand. Why is it so hard to find?
- Stop, Look, Listen. God is speaking to each one of us.
- Is being first, being successful my philosophy of life?
- Is this true? Anyone who aspires to greatness must serve the rest.
- Greatness is a quality of life that we have to build for ourselves.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for October 14, 2018
- What do we value most? Money, possessions, family, friends, job, reputation?
- How important is prudence, wisdom?
- The word of God is alive. How are we experiencing it in our lives?
- What must I do obtain happiness and satisfaction?
- What has wealth and possessions done for me?
- What have I given up?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for September 23, 2018
- What are the signs of our times?
- Where do wars and violence come from?
- Wise people are dedicated to the common good, not to personal gain.
- What will the future be like in 5 years? In 10 years? In 25 years?
- What can change the course of history?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for September 16, 2018
- What do people say about me? What kind of person do I think I am?
- What legacy will I leave behind?
- What kind of Messiah are we looking for?
- Is it true? The one who loses his/her life for my sake will find it.
- Jesus Christ, who is he? What does He mean to me?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for September 9, 2018
- What does it mean to be spiritually deaf or blind?
- How well do I hear the cries of the poor, disabled, oppressed?
- How often do I say too much or speak too soon?
- All of us are partially deaf. We don’t listen.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for August 26, 2018
- What are my deepest hungers? What really satisfies me?
- The good life consists in ???
- We are blessed with wisdom and cursed with foolishness: devoted to God and attracted to idols. Lord to whom shall we go?
- If we won’t choose God today, we are not likely to choose Him tomorrow.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for August 19, 2018
- In what ways am I wise? In what ways am I foolish?
- Wisdom is the ability to discern what is real and what is fake.
- The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is today.
- There are none so blind as those who will not see.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for August 12, 2018
- There is another life beyond the here and now; beyond my touch and taste.
- We are locked in state of mind that measures most things from a material perspective. How to we measure success?
- What are our hungers? Our thirsts? What about the hungers and thirsts of other people?
- No one can come to Me unless the Father draw him/her. What draws me the most?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for August 5, 2018
- How small is our God? Is He powerful or powerless? Is He near or far? Close or remote? Personal or impersonal?
- What was the message Jesus was trying to convey? What message do we hear? Was Jesus just trying to set up a soup kitchen?
- The bread is from heaven. The kingdom is not of this world. From where does our bread come? Where is our kingdom here and now?
- What are the signs in our lives?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for July 29, 2018
- Jesus was an unwilling king. What of king are we looking for?
- Live in a manner worthy of the call you have received. What call(s) have we received?
- How small is our God? Is He powerful or powerless? Is He near or far? Close or remote? Personal or impersonal?
- To the generous there is always something to share. To the selfish there is always nothing to share.
- What is my hunger? What do I really need.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for July 22, 2018
- Jesus is knocking at the door, why don’t we open it? We know who is there.
- Close your eyes and listen.
- Too busy, no time, things to do, places to go, appointments to keep, never finished. It’s time to stop, rest, spend time in quiet with the Lord. Shut off the TV and the cell phone.qapp
Random thoughts on the Scripture for July 15, 2018
- How have we been blessed with every spiritual blessing?
- What does “take nothing for the journey mean today”?
- What dust do we need to shake from our feet?
- How have we been sent out? What has been our experience?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for July 8, 2018
- Who does He think He is?
- Who do I think I am?
- We are jars of clay but we hold something extraordinary.
- The sacred exists in us, working through us, transforming us.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for June 17, 2018
- Faith is a lot more like falling in love than making a decision.
- The Kingdom is a new reality that invades, overturns and eventually overcomes the old.
- The Kingdom Jesus proclaims is insurmountable and has room for everyone.
- Great things usually have very humble origins.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for June 10, 2018
- You will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
- Is our society afraid of the truth?
- How do we manipulate the truth
- A kingdom divided against itself cannot stand.
- Who do we admire the most? What do we admire the most?
Random thoughts on the Scripture for June 3, 2018
- Who are the uninvited guests in our lives?
- Divine help will be there in ways you cannot begin to explain.
- Why do YOU not give them something to eat?
- 5,000 for lunch, not MY problem.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for May 27, 2018
- When and how did we become aware of God?
- How awesome is our God? An unfolding mystery.
- Discover the power of Love. There is God revealing.
Random thoughts on the Scripture for May 20, 2018
- What are our gifts?
- What doors have we locked, opened?
- Where is my fire?
- Pope Francis: life is a story waiting to be told
Random thoughts on the Scripture for May 6, 2018
- Name the ways you are a loving person.
- Touch Me and see. I am real. Reach out to those who are outcasts in our society.
- What are we known for? How do we love our neighbor?
- How am I a first responder? A last responder?
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for April 29, 2018
- What were the turning points in your life?
- How many friends do you have, How many are close or mere acquaintances
- What are the qualities found in a good friendship?
- Who are excluded from my circle of friends?
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for April 22, 2018
- What needs healing in our society, homes, work place?
- Our world needs healers, where can they be found?
- What kind of world did we inherit from our parents, grandparents?
- What kind of world are we passing on to our children?
Random thoughts on the Scriptures for April 8, 2018
- Invitation to see and believe
- How many locked doors are there in my life?
- We have the power to open them and to close them.
- Seeing is not believing: Believing is seeing.
- Do not persist in unbelief: the evidence is at hand.
- Jesus is at the door and knocking.
- Are we still looking for signs and wonders?